HEALTHIER ANZAC BISCUIT RECIPE
(Gluten Free )
It has been claimed the ANZAC biscuits were sent by wives to soldiers abroad because the ingredients do not spoil easily and the biscuits kept well during naval transportation.
Each year the kids and I make these yummy ANZAC biscuits, they are super yummy and not loaded with sugar like the commercial ones!
1 ½ cups of rolled oats
½ cup of desiccated coconut
½ cup of chopped almonds
2 1/2tsp of coconut oil
2 tablespoon honey, rice syrup or maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of water
1. Combine oats, coconut and almonds into a food processor.
2. Add wet ingredients (oil,honey,vanilla)
3. Process together until combined
4. Add water and process until mixed through.
5. Roll mixture into small balls (makes about 20), place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, press balls lightly to flatten, make sure theres room for the biscuits to spread.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutesor until golden.
7. Let biscuits cool before serving.
For a gluten free option swap oats for quinoa flakes! Yum!
Lisa Widman –Nutritionist